The GD ORB acts on behalf of the Secretary of State for DECC.
The Green Deal Oversight and Registration Body (GD ORB), on behalf of the Secretary of State, manages the authorisation process for participants in the Green Deal and is responsible for a number of functions aimed at providing effective administration and oversight of the scheme.
The GD ORB's role includes:
- maintaining registers of Green Deal Participants (authorised Providers, accredited Certification Bodies, certified Assessors and Installers);
- maintaining the Green Deal Code of Practice;
- controlling the use of the Quality Mark;
- ongoing monitoring of Green Deal Participants against the Code of Practice;
- gathering evidence of non compliance and referring participants to the Ombudsman or the Secretary of State where appropriate and imposing sanctions when directed; and
- producing an annual Green Deal report.